Code Blog: A Equals What?

Monday, May 23, 2005

The Game Begins

Twenty bloggers have been chosen to try and break this code, a simple letter substitution code. Fourteen have received one part of the code key, six have received two.

They will need everyone before this is all over.

As far as I can tell there are no pre-existing connections between the bloggers chosen, but I will say that no first-time blogger has been chosen. Everyone involved has had his or her blog up for at least three months.

During the game I will answer only ten "yes or no" questions. This is a total between all of you, so you'll have to decide if it's worth asking your question before you find your fellow codebloggers. I may or may not post the questions here and I also reserve the right to answer with "I cannot answer", in which case you will not be charged a question. The bloggers involved have been made privy to my email address and can reach me there for their questions. Remember, "yes or no" questions only, please.

And now, the code.

The words have been compressed to thwart any attempts to guess the answer according to the number of letters in each word, but punctuation has been left intact to serve as markers.

The game begins now. Have fun with it.

ndwwkgxzyldmgrdif,ugrabyfxwyfigrtrgkgxyww.
izyldrgabdyfvidudgjnitmgofghdtfgn,rgbxoiryfigrfgoysdkgxtifhyusyrmvyxtd
qxidfyrmtfiww,irycdr-wisdtfyfd;fzititnzyfifit,
yayod.izgvdkgxywwdregkdmfzdegxbrdkytoxuz ytizyldyrmfzyrskgxjgbvwykira!